How to Prevent Varicose Veins from Worsening
Do you have bulging, blue lines that run on your legs, perhaps with red markings? You may have spider or varicose veins. Varicose veins can be frustrating and painful, and for many individuals, these veins can worsen over time if left untreated. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent varicose veins from worsening.
4 Tips for Preventing Varicose Veins from Getting Worse
If you’re looking to reduce the risk of your varicose veins from getting worse, the vascular experts at Premier Surgical Vascular & Vein Center offer these helpful tips to consider:
1. Quit smoking. Smoking constricts the blood vessels, making it more likely that these veins will become more prominent.
2. Get up and move. It may not seem like it could help, but exercise can help reduce the swelling in the legs and also helps to improve blood flow.
3. Wear compression stockings. Wearing them applies pressure to the legs, helping to reduce fluid buildup. You can purchase these inexpensively online or at a drugstore. We offer compression stockings in our Premier Vascular & Vein office. Prices starting at $38.
4. Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time. The downward pressure on your legs can cause varicose veins to worsen. If you are always on your feet, that could worsen your condition.
Consider More Effective Varicose Vein Treatment
While these tips may offer temporary relief for some patients, it’s important to understand that they may not provide a permanent solution for spider or varicose veins. That’s why, at Premier Surgical Vascular & Vein Center in Knoxville, we encourage our patients to consider more effective and lasting spider and varicose vein treatments.
At Premier Surgical Vascular & Vein Center, we offer several safe and effective options for treating smaller spider veins – Sclerotherapy and Vasculaze.
· Sclerotherapy: This treatment option is a minimally invasive method for eliminating spider veins. It involves injecting a solution into the impacted veins. This leads to them swelling and collapsing. They tend to fade away in a short amount of time. The body absorbs the vein.
· Vasculaze: This treatment option can help those who have lesions or spider veins. During this treatment, pulses of light are administered by a hand-held device. These cause the vein to fade and disappear over time.
Both Sclerotherapy and Vasculaze are safe and effective treatments which are completed in our office and require little to no downtime.
Get the Help You Need Today
Varicose and spider veins can be a nuisance, but thankfully, they can be eliminated. If you want to love the way your legs look and feel again, consider treatment with the Board-certified Vascular Surgeons at Premier Surgical Vascular & Vein Center in Knoxville, TN.
Schedule a free vein screening today, and let us determine the best vein treatment option for you.