The treatment of varicose veins has drastically evolved over the years. Patients no longer have to check into a hospital for vein surgery, as laser treatments are now utilized in the privacy of a physician’s office. With this advancement of medicine comes an increase of physicians from different specialties now participating in the field of vein treatment.
At Premier Vein Clinics procedures are performed by board-certified vascular surgeons who specialize in diagnosing and treating the underlying cause of venous disease. The tips below will help to ensure you choose the right doctor for your care.
- Board Certified. Board certified physicians are held to a high standard and have demonstrated experience and expertise within their chosen field. Specifically, a board certified vascular surgeon specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases, including spider and varicose veins in the legs.
- RVT Certified. A Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) has achieved certification requiring demonstration of skills and knowledge in a non-invasive vascular laboratory. With RVT certified staff, you can be confident in their ability to perform diagnostic procedures such as ultrasounds to accurately identify vein issues.
- Discovery to Recovery. Your physician and his/her practice should provide direct treatment to you from beginning to end. This means they should provide diagnostic evaluations, including the latest ultrasound technology or sonography, as well as comprehensive treatment.
- As mentioned above, most varicose vein procedures can be done in-office with local anesthesia. Hospitalization is rarely required.
- Laser Treatment. The development and use of laser technology in the treatment of varicose veins allows patients to expect downtime and a speedier recovery. It also reduces scarring from the procedure and speeds up the actual procedure time less than an hour.
- Treating varicose veins can be an expensive process: you want to ensure the practice of your choice has a staff who is experienced in dealing with the intricacies of insurance plan vein procedure coverage requirements.
Above all, Premier Vein Clinic wants you to be an educated healthcare consumer. The more active role you play in your healthcare, the better overall results you will experience. Always ask questions of your physicians and make sure you choose a certified professional as your provider. As a vein patient, choosing a physician who has dedicated their practice to the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease is a wise decision.